photo botslide.jpg

A Day In Oxford

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

a day in oxfordMe and my friend decided a nice, girly shopping day was well overdue and planned a day mooching about Oxford. We hopped on the bus and made our way to the University town through all the picturesque villages of Faringdon, Shrivenham and Watchfield. 

a day in oxford

a day in oxford
 We were falling asleep on the bus so nipped into Neros for some liquid caffeine and an obligatory muffin.

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford
Yo!Sushi is our usual port of call when we arrive.

a day in oxford
 I snatched Pumpkin Korroke, Tamago Nigiri, Crispy Salmon Skin ISO and Cucumber Maki off the conveyor belt and watched the plates pile up.

a day in oxford
 Visiting a Mac store is always a novelty for me because we don't have one in Swindon.

a day in oxford

a day in oxfordWe were lucky enough to have beautiful weather and had to strip off to t shirts while walking about in the hot sun!

a day in oxford
a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford
There was a sign saying 'please don't leave bikes on railing as a period drama is being filmed here.' Clearly no one paid attention!

a day in oxford
a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford
What I love about Oxford is that it has quaint, small shops as well as the big chains you recognise dotted about the highstreet.

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford
 We stopped at The Vaults Garden Cafe for afternoon tea, a lovely hall and patio with garden benches as chairs and flowers poking out of bike baskets.

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford

a day in oxford
We're far too childish for nice establishments.

Blog Lovin' Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. I just tweeted you but I just have to say how much I love all the tea related photos here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photos are just lovely!! and it looks like you had a wonderful time in Oxford :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dilan! I love your blog by the way x

      Delete
  3. I love how typically british this is! Give me the scones, please.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh gorgeous pics...your blog is lovely. This makes me really want to go and look in all the lovely shops...shame I am not living in the UK at the mo :( I love the bike pic too lol..wonder what they were filming?! Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog via a Twitter convo. Love this photo blog post, looks like a really nice day in Oxford, I miss the UK in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! I love Oxford. It's so lovely. And you were lucky with the weather. Love your blog and I'm following you.

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Feel free to leave your link so I can see what you're up to!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme